Applications Engineer – Galway – Permanent!
1 – 3 years engineering experience ideally required.
This role sits within a great close-knit team that are very down to earth.
They are looking for an additional team player that is driven, ambition & keen to learn!
Great career & learning opportunity for the right person!
- Design, develop or improve solutions to new and existing customers.
- Support sales activities for key customers with technical calls and visits as and when required.
- Coordinate testing required for prototypes, pilot production and final customer acceptance.
- Coordinate the development activities within the business including Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Sales & Marketing, Finance, and Installation equipment dept.
- Generate manufacturing costs and submit to pricing co-ordinator.
- Provide technical support to customers/distributors and to Regional Sales Managers.
- Coordinate, plan and conduct training with new and key distributors and customers.
Educational / Professional Details required
- Third level degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of engineering experience.
- Application Engineering skills with track record of solving problems and working in or with a cross functional team.
- Proficient with Solid Modelling software (Pro/E preferred) and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with engineering tools such as SPC.
- Experience using Business software (ERP systems, JDE preferred).
- Finite Element Analysis, desirable.
- Must be able to use laboratory testing tools as required (e.g., hand tools, tensile tester, hardness test equipment).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interpret and communicate data accurately.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Flexibility in schedule to allow for travel.
For further information or a confidential discussion please contact Deirdre Sheehan
086 046 4671