Associate Project Manager
About the Job: Working with a large mutinational you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects, including leading a product or technology development project, moderate-sized Site Transfer / Acquisition projects, and as site representative for broader Global projects as required.
Salary Excellent salary including full beneftis, VHI & Pension
- Lead small/medium-sized cross-functional development teams through collaboration, alignment, ownership and holding team members accountable.
- Provide input to functional managers on the team and team member performance. Influences & satisfies key project stakeholders through each phase of the project.
- Manage the technical challenges of technology application and new product development; proactively identify, communicate and manage technical risk engaging the critical subject matter experts in this process.
- Develop and implement the project plan, proactively identifying risks and embedding appropriate mitigations into plans
- Build team ownership and commitment to the project plan outlining clear decision points Presenting options & recommendations to decision-makers supporting data/rationale.
- Develop and control the project budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Follow the appropriate applicable project roadmap (e.g. PLCP process for NPI, Product Transfer roadmap for Site Transfers etc.) and represent Operations on the overall Core Team; lead the Operations team to complete all activities to current policies and practices & represents same at all phase reviews.
- Responsible for the team and cross-functional communications ensuring appropriate communication is maintained throughout the project with key stakeholders and specific issues/decision points are communicated promptly.
- Ensure the communication is tailored for the audience, from Project Team reviews to Senior Leadership reviews. Lead phase and business reviews, project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other vital communications.
Education and Experience
- NFQ level 8 degree (240 credits) in a technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, Science, Software, Manufacturing)
- Lead project management experience for complex projects involving multiple functions (e.g. Divisional R&D, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Design Assurance, Process Development, Sustaining Engineering, Global Supply Chain) and Multiple Sites (e.g. Global or StAR projects, Strategic Transfers)
- 3-5 years of project management experience in operations or NPD environments.