Automation (Controls) Engineer
CREGG Recruitment are currently recruiting an Automation Engineer for a leading medical device multinational company in Galway.
This is an excellent opportunity to get into the regulated medical device industry in the equipment vision systems specialty and associated software, data control, machine controls etc
Be coached 1:1 by and work closely with a senior equipment development engineer with 15+ years experience in the field
Learn from the best in a fast paced, clean and exciting professional environment
Learn and experience firsthand industry best practice in a specialty that is in high demand and will continue well into the future
- Delivers the day to day activities within time and budget and with minimal supervision: Defines Control Platform and Delivers Software Development for new designs and equipment updates, Delivers Equipment Documentation under quality SOPs and following GDP, Delivers Commissioning of Equipment and Troubleshooting of Equipment Issues.
- Manages projects and portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Supervises the work and gives direction to other Junior Machine Control Engineers.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgraded equipment.
- Candidates are required to hold an Engineer Degree equivalent to or above NFQ Level 8.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Candidates are required to have excellent communication skills
The following skills are essential:
- PLC Programming
- HMI/SCADA Design.
- PID Design and Tuning.
- Servo Control.
- Machine Electrical & Safety Design as per European Machinery Directive and derivate Standards.
- Project Management Skills
Job ref: 11371