CAD Technician – Galway
Working with Equipment Engineers, the successful candidate will assist in the Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Equipment as well as Equipment Upgrades. The Role is primarily based in Galway within a World Class Facility.
- Collaborates with Engineering in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production equipment, fixtures and hardware designs.
- Creates prototypes on Solid Works to develop concepts and design improvements
- Creates and modifies detailed CAD models(2D & 3D) from sketches, models, layouts or notes.
- Liaises with third party tooling manufacturers on drawing queries, tolerance stack-ups and updating approved drawings.
- Checks drawings versus the project inputs for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Works with Designers/Engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and print package documentation.
- Creates 2D working drawings of product components
- Disciplined record keeping and maintenance of drawings and files.
- The ability to work to tight timelines when the situation requires while delivering solutions.
- Assists in driving material changes to increasing tooling & hardware timelines.
- Builds quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Key Requirements:
- Requires min. Level 8 degree, ideally in Mechanical Engineering.
- A strong knowledge of design for manufacture (DFM) essential.
- Proven experience in tooling design including computer aided tooling / fixture design, build and implementation.
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills