Curator – Kilkenny
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Curator to join our team in Kilkenny. The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing and managing the collection of artwork, artifacts, and other cultural items in the museum or gallery. You will also be developing and implementing exhibition and educational programs, ensuring the highest standards of maintenance and conservation, and promoting the museum or gallery to the public.
- Develop and implement exhibitions and educational programs that promote the museum or gallery to the public.
- Manage the collection of artworks, artifacts, and other cultural items, ensuring that the highest standards of maintenance and conservation are met.
- Research and evaluate potential acquisitions for the museum or gallery collection.
- Collaborate with other museum and gallery staff to ensure that exhibitions and programs are of the highest quality and in line with the organization’s goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors, sponsors, and other external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the handling and installation of artwork, artifacts, and other cultural items.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree in art history, museum studies, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience working in museums and galleries.
- Comprehensive knowledge of museum and gallery practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to use standard computer software applications.
For more information please contact Alan with your updated CV
Please be aware that your CV will not be shared with anyone outside of Cregg Recruitment without your express permission