Electrical Build Technician
CREGG are currently hiring a Electrical Build Technician to work onsite with a great client in Galway. Call Stephen Coen 0861030418 Email: email@example.com
Work within a multi-discipline team of equipment engineering specialists in a world leading company in med-tech manufacturing. As an Electrical Test Technician, you will inspect electrical wiring, build and safety of automated machinery and equipment on the cutting edge of med-tech manufacturing.
The Electrical Test Technician duties will include…
- Electrical Testing/Inspection of bespoke automated and semi-automated machine builds for a wide range of med-tech manufacturing processes and equipment in a state-of-the-art equipment development centre.
- Electrical Testing of vendor builds and equipment against company build standard.
- Liaise with electrical build, design, and procurement groups to ensure equipment is built to design specification and delivered within critical deadlines.
- Operate Electrical test equipment as part of build checks – thermal imaging, PAT testing, signal measurement, earth leakage.
- Carry out IO checks on new machine builds in conjunction with controls and software groups.
- Documenting and highlighting issues for continuous improvement on new and repeat builds.
- Ensuring craftsmanship and safety circuits are of the highest standard for all builds and equipment.
- Carry out Electrical tests on upgrades of existing manufacturing equipment.
- General support to electrical design and safety group.
- Electrical support for a wide range of med-tech process in production/operations.
Qualifications and Experience…
- Electrical Trade Qualification and/or diploma/ordinary degree in a relevant engineering discipline with at least 3 years’ experience post qualification in a relevant industry.
- Ability to follow electrical schematics to ensure machine build conformity, de-bugging, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of digital, analogue signals and appreciation of PID control.
- Experience in machine build or manufacturing support environments is preferable.
- Customer centric attitude required.
- Can work as part of a team and as an individual with positive attitude.
- Experience with common platform manufacturing technologies – electro-pneumatic/mechanical systems, PC and PLC controlled machinery, vision systems.
- Competent in MS platforms such as Word and Excel.