Electrical Design Eng
Electrical Design Engineer (Hybrid)
To provide Electrical and Safety design expertise to the Equipment Engineering department in the design, manufacture, documentation, and continuous improvement of equipment to produce medical devices. If you are a qualified Electrician with strong electrical AutoCAD skills apply today!
Contact Rachel on 0860127415 or email@example.com to discuss
- Generation of equipment electrical designs which meet manufacturing, safety, CE, and performance requirements.
- Proactively and continuously ensure potential safety risks are addressed and ensure equipment meets CE marking standards.
- Work closely with internal engineers to understand their equipment requirements.
- Work closely with internal and external machine build vendors in order to ensure that any equipment supplied is built according to Boston Scientific specifications and is properly handed over to manufacturing.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Ensure documentation/drawing standards for equipment meet Boston Scientific requirements.
- As part of the design team, this person is expected to work closely with both internal and external specialists to complete equipment related projects.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Participates in and Leads the use of lean and Continuous Improvement tools in equipment designs and engineering systems.
- Support continuous improvement activities
- Provide technical guidance / leadership to the equipment build team
- PSPI/CI/VIP opportunity identification and collation
- Candidates are required to hold an Engineering qualification equivalent to or above NFQ Level 6 with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design and build of equipment for the medical device industry.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD Electrical, and design of pneumatic circuits.
- Proven ability to design and commission electrical and pneumatic control panels for automated equipment.
- Proven ability to assess and remediate equipment safety issues
- Good technical capabilities, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.