Energy Engineer- Galway
Excellent opportunity for an Energy Engineer to join a thriving Medical Devices company.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop space/energy metrics & standards.
- Monitor the energy use of the entire campus and formulate an energy management plan.
- Maintain the site Energy Monitoring system, including adding and removing meters to optimise system capacity.
- Develop the current calibration strategy for site energy meters.
- Organise site energy audits and annual energy system internal/external audits for compliance with ISO 50001.
- Implement energy projects and maintain site energy budget.
- Liaise with external consultants on developing Carbon Neutral strategies.
- Complete Measurement and Verification to claim Carbon credits on completed projects.
- Maintain the site Energy Manual and related Energy system procedures. Ensure policy and procedures are implemented.
- Complete and close corrective actions related to Energy system Non-conformances.
- Develop and maintain the Registration of Opportunities, Energy Action Plan, Energy Baselines and Energy Performance Indicators.
- Present on-site energy strategy and energy system implementation to Site Senior Management at Quarterly reviews.
- Determine strategies for purchasing energy and make recommendations regarding energy providers.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on purchasing energy-efficient equipment and technology.
- Promote energy efficiency and conservation throughout the organisation through education and training.
- Level 8 Degree in Energy Engineering / Energy Management or related discipline.
- 3 years plus relevant experience
- Detailed knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, circuitry, and load management.
- Strong knowledge of energy efficiency products and solutions and emerging technologies (Solar PV, Solar thermal, Battery storage, EVs, IoT devices)
- Knowledge on the ISO 50001 standard
- Knowledge of national and European energy legislation
For further information please contact Loretta Flynn