Energy Engineer II
Permanent Energy Engineer
CREGG are seeking experienced energy (facilities) engineers to join Galway's world leading medical device client. Permanent role offering a very competitive benefits package
In your new role, you will provide support for our clients Galway site's energy projects and management systems, setting goals and metrics. Utilising your knowledge of the latest technologies and the EU legislation, you will design, coordinate, control and deliver specific projects, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
Key activities in your new role:
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop space/energy metrics & standards.
- Monitor the energy use of the entire campus and formulate an energy management plan.
- Maintain the site Energy Monitoring system, including adding and removing meters to optimise system capacity.
- Develop the current calibration strategy for site energy meters.
- Organise site energy audits and annual energy system internal/external audits for compliance with ISO 50001.
- Implement energy projects and maintain site energy budget.
- Liaise with external consultants on developing Carbon Neutral strategies.
- Complete Measurement and Verification to claim Carbon credits on completed projects.
- Maintain the site Energy Manual and related Energy system procedures. Ensure policy and procedures are implemented.
- Complete and close corrective actions related to Energy system Non-conformances.
- Develop and maintain the Registration of Opportunities, Energy Action Plan, Energy Baselines and Energy Performance Indicators.
- Lead site energy team and liaise with site sustainability team to identify and develop continuous improvement strategies.
- Present on-site energy strategy and energy system implementation to Site Senior Management at Quarterly reviews.
- Participate and present to Global Management at two Monthly Global Community of Practice reviews.
- Determine strategies for purchasing energy and make recommendations regarding energy providers.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on purchasing energy-efficient equipment and technology.
- Promote energy efficiency and conservation throughout the organisation through education and training.
- Developing financial models and business cases to secure investment in energy solutions
- Conducting technical and commercial due diligence on new development opportunities
- Support development, negotiations, and management of requests for proposals & contracts.
- Assists in the hiring of engineering consultants for energy capital projects.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of cost estimates for new projects.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project, and define project scope, goals and deliverables. Manage project lifecycle.
- Support the Environmental Management System through responsibility for items of civil/mechanical construction/services/contracts; provision and distribution of utilities to achieve Carbon Neutral target by 2030.
- Level 8 Degree in Energy Engineering / Energy Management or related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Detailed knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, circuitry, and load management.
- Demonstrable understanding of the ROI energy markets
- Knowledge on the ISO Standards
- Knowledge of national and European energy legislation