CREGG Recruitment are currently hiring a Clinical Engineering Technician to work as a service technician. Equipment service / support is realised through in-house Clinical Engineering Support to medical devices including patient hoists and lifting equipment.
The successfell candidate would be responsible for duties within the Midlands Area of Laois, Offaly, Longford and Westmeath. Company van provided.
Successful candidate will be employed through the HSE.
For more information on this role, call Mark 091 700 814 or firstname.lastname@example.org. *Electricians, Mechanics or previous expereince as a Technician Wanted
The Basic Clinical Engineering Technician is responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- If required by the Chief Clinical Engineering Technician, be a member of the Medical Device / Equipment Management Committee (MDEMC)
- Assist in development and maintaining the CHOs Medical Device Equipment Management Policy in conjunction with the Chief Clinical Engineering Technician
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the systems required to effectively and safely manage medical devices/equipment
- Carry out an on-going programme of monitoring to provide assurance in relation to the effectiveness of the systems in place for the safe management of medical devices/equipment
- To be aware and advise on the compliance requirements of relevant legislation
- To provide guidance to managers and employees with regard to the implementation of best practice guidance
- Provide assurance to Chief Clinical Engineering Technician in relation to the Management of medical device equipment
- Assist in acquiring equipment; managing SLAs, technical support, maintenance and repair systems, and timescales
- To ensure optimum management of equipment selection, utilisation and associated technical support in conjunction with other disciplines
- Carry out other administrative duties from time to time as may be required
- Ensure that all safety requirements, statutory and recommended are met to provide the safest environment for clients, staff and others associated with the operation, control and application of medical device equipment
- Ensure that a stock of necessary spare parts for the support medical device equipment is developed and maintained
- Agree and manage planned preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment including Patient Mobile hoists and Ceiling track hoist systems.
- Liaise with and supervise external service contractors as necessary to yield the required level of service as required
- Provide other equipment support functions which may be delegated to the post
Education and Training
The Basic Clinical Engineering Technician is responsible for:
- Provision of information and advice to Nursing, Medical, Health and Social Care Professionals and other staff
- Liaising and co-operating with other departments and staff as required
- Identification of training and development needs
- Encouraging and modelling the concept of continuous professional development, and participation in any necessary technical training programme, and attendance at any training courses for the purpose of developing or enhancing staff expertise
Health & Safety/ Risk Management
The Basic Clinical Engineering Technician will:
- Contribute to the development of the risk register, identifying, managing and escalating risks as per the risk management policy.
- Act as a team to take responsibility for management of medical device safety alerts.
- Comply with the policies, procedures and safe professional practice of the Irish Healthcare System by adhering to relevant legislation, regulations, standards and policies
- Assist in the implementation and review of Health and Safety statements, as appropriate
- Document appropriately and report any near misses, hazards and accidents and bring them to the attention of the relevant person(s).
- Make the Elderly Chief Clinical Engineering Technician aware of any situation in the department where equipment safety, staff / patient / contractor safety is anyway threatened or compromised and proactively advise on same
- Work in a safe manner with due care and attention to the safety of self and others
- To provide service/repair and quality assurance of any medical equipment in workshops or at the point of equipment use.
- To complete servicing of all Community Care medical devices and assistive medical devices including Patient Mobile Hoists and Ceiling track hoist systems in accordance with manufacturers requirements and Legislative requirements.
- To provide routine service, calibration, performance testing and electrical safety testing of medical equipment, medical assistive equipment, patient handling equipment, etc. as part of the Department preventative maintenance programme
- To provide acceptance testing and associated record keeping of new medical equipment/medical assistive devices and recycled equipment
- To provide assessment and assistance in equipment fault investigations.
- To ensure all service and repairs are carried out in a manner that complies with equipment manufacturer’s recommendation and accepted best practice
- Carry out all work and duties in a manner that reflects optimum safety/assurance for patients and staff
- Prepare and maintain all necessary documentation, records and reports relating to duties performed, and department performance as required
- Provide advice relating to equipment procurement, service and disposal
- Contribute to development of risk-benefit analysis before finalising the specification for procurement of any maintenance and repair services
- Advise and support staff in relation to all aspects of medical equipment/medical assistive devices use, safety, application etc. and to demonstrate and instruct equipment-users as necessary
- Ensure that all actions undertaken during the course of employment conform to best practice and exhibit optimum patient safety and equipment user-satisfaction. Such actions should similarly constitute best value for money, and reflect the best interests of the HSE
- Contribute to the management of the Departments range of test equipment
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Clinical Engineering Technician.