CREGG is seeking to recruit a Financial Accountant for a recycling company based in Dublin. The role reports to the Finance Manager but the job will involve a large degree of autonomy once areas of improvement/analysis are identified. The role of the Financial Business Partner is to provide independent, objective financial & consulting services to the Operational Teams, designed to add value and direction to the business in meeting its operational & financial targets.
- Partner with operational teams and their leaders to support strategic decisions and drive positive financial performance to achieve growth.
- Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings whenever possible
- Review & interpret monthly results (financial & operational) to identify, communicate & agree necessary actions with operational teams, to achieve quarterly budget targets.
- Review and provide insight and commentary for monthly internal financial reporting to be circulated to the Senior Management Team.
- Liaise with members of the wider finance team to understand key issues and opportunities facing the Group in order to develop work plans
- Develop and implement system and process improvements.
- Identify cost reduction and efficiency initiatives.
- Work closely with the finance team to drive functional financial performance.
- Ability to problem solve and track resulting actions to achievement.
- Ownership for rolling 12-month forecasts, including identifying and monitoring key actions to achieve budgets
- Support the preparation of ad-hoc management presentations and requests.
- Development and preparation of annual budget.
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams
- Understanding of business developments and how they impact the results of the business.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improved efficiencies.
- Qualified accountant
- 3-5 years PQE
- Excel proficiency: pivot tables, sumif/vlookup etc.
- Strong analytical approach and ability to articulate financial performance in a clear concise manner
- Strong personal skills with an ability to deal with non-financial minded stakeholders in a cohesive manner
- Experience with Sage is preferable but not essential
- Powerpoint skills and and/or other presentation tool skills
- Self-starter who is assertive and focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous Business Partnering experience an advantage.
- An ability to meet internal and external deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- An ability to provide key insights capable of being read by financial minded and non-financial minded audiences.