Freight Forwarder – Permanent – Kildare
Freight Forwarder (Road Freight) – Permanent – Kildare
CREGG are currently seeking candidates for a Freight Forwarding role in the European Road Freight department with our multinational client based in Kildare. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to either gain or build on their current experience in the Freight industry.
To meet and exceed customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo from A to B, effectively and in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements. Maintain total operational control to ensure SLA/SOPs are adhered to.
- Pro Active communication with Customer / Internal Customer Service Teams. Liaise with company offices / agents in Ireland and overseas.
- Book and engage Hauliers for international transport requirements.
- Negotiating rates as and when required. Book trailers / drivers with shipping lines through various online platforms.
- Preparation of documentation associated with all aspects of the transport function.
- Perform general administration duties, including invoicing, filing, queries, claims and cost checks in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Maintain regular visibility of all transports under your control.
- Be pro-active in managing and dealing with problems and day to day queries.
- Ensure revenue / profit guidelines are met in accordance with budgetary requirements.
- Be proficient and accurate issuing quotations.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills. Strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in freight forwarding environment essential.
For more information, please contact Gary with your CV.
Please be aware that your CV will not be shared with anyone outside of CREGG without your express permission.
GC – 8559