General Practice Manager – Audit – Limerick
CREGG is delighted to be recruiting a General Practice Manager – Audit to join a full-service firm providing audit and assurance, taxation, advisory and corporate recovery services across Ireland. If you are looking to work in firm that is dynamic and progressive firm then this is the position for you.
Please note this position would suit someone who is willing to work onsite in Limerick.
The Candidate will be responsible for Managing a portfolio of audit, audit exempt and sole trader clients, you will be involved in providing services to our diverse portfolio of clients across the engineering, renewable energy, manufacturing, technology, healthcare, nursing home, property and aviation sectors.
Our clients are predominantly in the SME sector and include owner-managed companies, family-owned businesses and limited companies.
We also provide audit services to Irish subsidiaries of overseas companies, solicitor practices, auctioneering firms. Our clients’ turnover ranges from the €10m bracket to those with €100m-€150m turnover.
This is a client-facing role based in our Limerick office working on audit and non-audit assignments. The position reports to the Audit Partner and Audit Senior Manager and may also work with the Tax and Advisory Partners on individual projects.
- Lead on your own series of audit engagements – overseeing our risk-based audit
- Planning, resourcing and structuring
- Preparing audit work papers and financial statements for review by the audit senior manager or partner.
Provision of non-audit services:
- General accounting
- Accounts prep.
- Supporting the audit partner on ad hoc business advisory projects including Revenue and banking negotiations, restructuring support and litigation
Further responsibilities include:
- Supervising trainees undertaking 5-year Chartered Accountancy training.
- Achieving individual budgets and business plan/ performance
- Maintaining the highest technical and professional
- Thinking strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key
- Managing situations identifying any issues before they escalate to problems/crises and devising solutions to avoid
- Coaching, training and developing junior staff to upgrade their
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA) and third-level Bachelor
- Irish and US GAAP, IFRS, ideally experienced dealing with international clients and accountants in several
- 2+ years post qualification external audit experience, desirable but not
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- Lead senior on a range of your own
- Ideally Big4 / Top 10 trained with exposure to a diverse client base across
- Familiarity with CCH audit software an advantage
Please be aware that your CV will not be shared with anyone outside of Cregg Recruitment without your express permission
For further information please contact Cleo Muir with your updated CV