Machine Build (Electrical) Technician
Machine Build Technician (Electricians)
CREGG: Seeking qualified Electricians to work in the machine build department of Galway's leading medical device manufacturer. 4 Day week. Excellent opportunity for those seeking a hands-on role.
Shift Pattern: Mon-Thurs 6.15am-4.30pm OR Tues-Fri 6.15am-4.30pm. 6 hours overtime is always offered on a Saturday for those that wish to work overtime.Overtime is optional. Start times are flexible.
To build and support equipment for the production of medical devices.
- Required to take a lead role in the electrical build or upgrade of equipment. This person needs to show ownership / accountability for builds and upgrades assigned.
- Provide technical leadership on equipment build related issues.
- May be required to perform the role of a mentor to new hires / apprentices
- Work closely with electrical design team to ensure that the equipment is built according to clients specifications and is properly handed over to commissioning or manufacturing.
- Must be competent in reading mechanical and electrical drawing packages
- Identify build issues with drawing package and relay information to engineer
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be qualified electrician OR hold degree in engineering discipline.
- Experience of building to electrical drawings
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.