Machine Build Technician (Mechanics/Fitters/Toolmakers)
To build machines used in the production of medical devices.
Hours of work:
Successful candidates have their choice of the below shifts:
Mon-Thursday OR Tuesday-Friday. Start and finish times are very flexible. The suggestion is 6.15am-4.30pm and we can work around individual needs. There is also the OPTION to do six hours overtime on a Saturday at overtime rates.
To build and support equipment for the production of medical devices.
- Required to take a leading or supporting role in the mechanical or electrical build or upgrade of equipment. This person needs to show ownership / accountability for builds and upgrades assigned.
- Provide technical leadership on equipment build related issues.
- May be required to perform role of a mentor to new hires / apprentices
- Work closely with design team to ensure that the equipment is built according to specifications and is properly handed over to commissioning or manufacturing.
- Must be competent in reading mechanical and electrical drawing packages
- Knowledge of pneumatics and competent in reading pneumatic schematics
- Identify build issues with drawing package and relay information to engineer
- As part of the build team, this person is expected to work closely with internal resources to complete equipment related projects.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager / Supervisor.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards etc.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be qualified electrician or toolmaker or mechanic
- Experience of building to drawings
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.