Manufacturing Process Technician
About the role
Part of core team to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures. A strong focus will be on supporting Injection Moulding core polymer processes.
- Take a lead role in the troubleshooting, repair and rebuild of both Hot runner and Cold runner systems.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key Injection Moulding maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on Injection Moulding equipment.
- Execution of mould changeover’s and equipment setup’s as part of production runs.
- Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Interface with a variety of BSIL personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Min HETAC level 6 qualification in Engineering, Polymer Engineering or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Injection Moulding equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of tooling design, tooling materials & qualifications.
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a similar role.
- PCT experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
For more information please contact Gary Keane