Mechanical Build Technician
CREGG Recruitment are currently hiring a Mechanical Build Technician to work onsite with a leading medical device multinational client in Galway. 39 hour week. This is an initial 12 month contract with good potential for an extended contract. For more information on this role call Stephen Coen 0861030418 or Email email@example.com
- Required to take a lead role in the mechanical build or upgrade of equipment. This person needs to show ownership / accountability for builds and upgrades assigned.
- Provide technical leadership on equipment build related issues.
- May be required to perform the role of a mentor to new hires / apprentices
- Work closely with mechanical design team to ensure that the equipment is built according to Boston Scientific specifications and is properly handed over to commissioning or manufacturing.
- Must be competent in reading mechanical drawing packages
- Must have a knowledge of pneumatics and competent in reading pneumatic schematics
- Identify build issues with drawing package and relay information to engineer
- As part of the build team, this person is expected to work closely with internal resources to complete equipment related projects.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager / Supervisor.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards etc.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have qualifications in the trades of a Toolmaker or Fitter with a minimum experience of 3 years, preferably in machine build.
- Experience of building to mechanical and pneumatic drawings
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.