Quality Engineer- 12 Month Contract- Hybrid Role- Galway
Excellent opportunity to join a leading Medical Device company in Galway.
- Identifies and resolves complex exceptions to work assignments.
- Summarizes, analyses, draws conclusions, and makes appropriate decisions from test results or other process related findings.
- Has the responsibility and independent authority to make decisions related to product quality, including the disposition of non-conforming product.
- Participates in Customer Complaints investigation for areas under their control.
- Continually seeks to drive improvements in product and process quality.
- Knowledgeable on QSR and ISO/MDD standards, constantly promoting awareness of best industry practices, making appropriate decision on a daily basis utilizing the quality engineering manager/site QA Director as the final arbitrator on critical quality decisions.
- Fully conversant with validation techniques and associated regulatory requirements including analysis of customer feedback and complaints.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Knowledgeable on Risk Management , BSEN 14971 requirements.
- Compiles and analyses operational, test and validation data to establish technical specifications and performance standards for newly designed or modified products and processes.
- May participate directly in a new product/technology transfer to ensure compliance to all internal and regulatory requirements.
- Uses knowledge of Six Sigma, Statistical Analysis and Lean principles to investigate and solve problems and improve quality.
- Gives technical guidance to Associate Quality Engineer, Technician and Inspection staff.
- Deals with suppliers, other engineering disciplines within and outside of the Site and customers.
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant discipline
- 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Demonstration of problem solving, process improvement and/or project management skillsets and application.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills and organisation skills. Ability to analyse data to gain insights and to share information effectively.
- Proven ability to work well with teams but also with minimum supervision.
For further information please contact Gary Keane