Quality Process Engineer
Quality Process Engineer- Shannon
Our client a global supplier of tooling solutions are looking to recruit a Quality Process Engineer. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Quality Process Engineer will drive the Company Quality Management System and provide ongoing support to the manufacturing and quality teams in an effort to maximise production quality performance, including identifying root cause, implementing corrective/preventive actions on all quality issues in production and reported by the customers. The scope of role will also include driving improvements in the quality systems, equipment and processes in the plant.
- Review, update and maintain existing quality management processes and procedures
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to, and all production processes are carried out according to procedures
- Maintain detailed and accurate quality records, data analysis and documentation
- Raise quality profile and operating standards within the business
- Meet quality KPI’s on a timely basis
- Investigate, communicate and ensure resolution of quality related issues
- Ensure customers receive highest level of service, in a timely manner
- Strengthen customer relationships, through driving the highest product quality standards
- Where necessary, escalate quality issues to management
- Ensure all staff are fully aware and trained in the relevant test equipment, quality systems, policies and procedures
- Provide technical guidance and support to quality inspectors, management and production staff
- Ensure quality inspection instruments are accurate and regularly calibrated, tested and audited
- Ensure change controls are effectively managed in accordance with the ISO requirements when appropriate
- Gathers and provides Technical data for technical reviews.
- Participates in routine failure investigation and product trouble shooting.
- Any other activities required for the efficient operation of the business
- Managing the document control system for the plant
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Good technical knowledge of implementing and maintaining quality systems, policies and procedures to ISO9001 standards.
- Proficient in industry standard problem solving Tools such as SPC, 8D, 5 whys, etc.
- Experience in Metrology and measurement system validation techniques such as Guage R&R, MSA, etc.
- Experience in equipment validation would be desirable