- Third level qualification in Engineering or Science, preferably in Mechanical or Biomedical
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a Science/Technology/Engineering related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent) or 5yr+ experience in a product/process technician role in a medical device environment or 10yr+ experience as a technician in an alternative industry where the skillset and experience are considered transferrable.
- Ideally design capability with CAD systems (Solid Edge)
- Ideally 2-3 years previous experience in a Medical Devices environment with knowledge of medical device products and associated manufacturing processes, in particular with extrusion-based catheter assemblies
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Motivated and self-starting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing, fast-paced environment
- High level computer skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Solid Edge and MS Project desirable.
- Business Acquisition
- Product and Process Development
- Compliance with Standards and Regulations
- Training and Development of Junior Engineers
- Continual Improvement Activities
As an R&D Engineer, you will be responsible for developing new products and processes, managing projects, providing technical support to Sales and Marketing, and ensuring compliance with Quality, Regulatory and Health & Safety standards. You will also have the opportunity to train and develop junior engineers and contribute to continual improvement activities. If you meet the qualifications and experience requirements, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.