R&D Engineer I
Cregg recruitment are currently hiring an R&D Engineer for a large Medical device company in Galway. For more information call, Mark 091 700 814.
This is a 12 month rolling contract role with a strong agreement to transfer after 12 months
About the role:
– Minimum of Degree level 8 in Mechanical/Biomedical Engineering / Science or related discipline.
– Proven track record in innovative design, product development and validation.
– Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
Industry Sector: Our client is a world leader in the manufacture of less-invasive medical devices.
Career development: Our client offer excellent career development. These roles will be hired on an initial contract but based on the individual’s performance and continued growth in company, offer good opportunity for a permanent role.
• You will support the introduction / implementation of product / process / materials changes to the manufacturing operation.
• You will participate in test method development and test method validation.
• You will participate in sourcing, testing and approving materials.
• You will monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation and understand and operate to departmental and company quality procedures.
• You will document design / development / test activities as required in Engineering Laboratory notebooks.
• You will design, develop, test, analyze, troubleshoot and provide technical skills during research and / or product development.
• You will design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise.
• You may be involved in product research and development and / or clinical trials.
• You will translate research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• We are looking for a qualified person with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Mechanical/Biomedical Engineering / Science or related discipline.
• Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
• We are looking for individuals with experience in mechanical / biomedical materials, processing knowledge and medical device design procedures.