Senior HR Generalist/HR Manager
Senior HR Generalist/HR Manager- Full Time- Permanent- Galway
Full Time, Permanent Role
CREGG are seeking a talented and motivated Senior HR Generalist looking to progress to HR Manager to join a Construction Contractor in Galway. As a Senior HR Generalist/ HR Manager, you will play a crucial role in supporting various HR functions and ensuring the smooth operation and running of the human resources department.
You will have the opportunity to engage with employees at all levels, contribute to the development and implementation of HR policies, and support the organization’s overall HR strategy. This position is ideal for an HR professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, possesses excellent interpersonal skills, and is passionate about driving employee engagement and organizational success.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Assist in the recruitment process, including job postings, resume screening, and conducting interviews.
- Collaborate with Management to identify staffing needs and ensure timely and effective onboarding of new employees.
- Coordinate new hire orientations and facilitate the onboarding process.
- Employee Relations:
- Serve as a point of contact for employees, addressing inquiries and providing guidance on HR policies and procedures.
- Support employee relations matters, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and performance improvement plans.
- Promote a positive work environment and foster employee engagement initiatives.
- HR Policies and Compliance:
- Assist in developing, updating, and implementing HR policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with local labour laws and regulations.
- Maintain employee records, including personnel files, contracts, and other HR-related documentation.
- Training and Development:
- Identify training needs and assist in the design and delivery of training programs.
- Coordinate employee development initiatives, such as performance management, career development, and succession planning.
- Support employee performance appraisal processes.
- HR Reporting and Analytics:
- Compile HR data and prepare regular reports on key HR metrics.
- Analyse trends and provide insights to support data-driven decision-making.
- Participate in HR projects and initiatives, contributing to process improvements and enhancing HR systems.
- Benefits Administration:
- Support the administration of employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other employee benefits.
- Assist employees with benefit inquiries, enrolments, and changes.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a HR Generalist/Senior HR Generalist position
- Experience in the Construction Industry highly desirable
- Knowledge of HR best practices and employment laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with employees at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and time management abilities.
- Proficient in HRIS systems and other HR software applications.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to analyse complex situations and propose appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Please be aware that your CV will not be shared with anyone outside of CREGG without your express permission
For further information please contact Tracey Barry with your updated CV