Senior Mechanical Engineer
CREGG Recruitment are currently recruiting a Mechanical Equipment Engineer for a leading medical device multinational company in Galway.
Industry Sector: Our client is a world leader in the manufacture of less-invasive medical devices.
Career development: Our client offer excellent career development. This role has come on line due to continued increase in equipment projects as a result of continued growth in production.
The Mechanical Designer will collaborate and provide design expertise to the Equipment Engineering department in the design, manufacture, documentation, and continuous improvement of equipment and tooling for the production of medical devices.
Hours of Work – 3 days onsite / 2 days off site. depending on Projects.
- Generation of equipment designs which meet manufacturing, safety, CE and performance requirements. Designs include new tooling, fixtures, automated machines and modification/upgrades to same.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- Work closely with internal and external machine build in order to ensure that the equipment is built according to specifications and is properly handed over to manufacturing.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- As part of the design team, this person is be expected to work closely with both internal and external specialists to complete equipment related projects.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards etc.
- Minimum HETAC Level 6/7 in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of AutoCAD/Solidworks, Pneumatics, Workshop Equipment, and Machine Building will be essential.
- The person should have a minimum of 3-4 years experience in a similar role.
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
For more infromation please call Breda 0860262157 or check out our website CreggRecruitment.ie