Senior Operations Manager
Senior Manager- Manufacturing Operations
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership and direction to the manufacturing operations function, this includes managing Production Managers in accordance with policies and procedures to implement and carry out company goals providing direction/guidance to ensure that expectations and goals are clear and understood.
- Develop short, medium and long term objectives for the production function to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Resource & lead a team responsible for the manufacture & shipment of medical devices
- Work closely with other function, particularly Quality & Engineering to build effective relationships which facilitate achievement of Manufacturing functional objectives as well as overall site objectives.
- Liaise regularly with other company manufacturing sites and Strategic Business Units to support global business goals.
- Seek out manufacturing best practise with an emphasis on continuous improvement to assess what can be learnt and implemented to drive an efficient operation.
- Review processes to proactively identify areas where systems can be strengthened and work with the Operations Analyst in their implementation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant quality system policies & procedures and participate in and facilitate internal and external audits.
- Ensure full compliance with Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures within manufacturing area. Encourage timely investigation of issues and help instil a culture of shared responsibility to ensure safety of all. Continuously look for opportunities to improve ergonomics in manufacturing though the automation of processes and the optimisation of layouts.
- Generate training and development plans, carry out performance appraisals, deal with performance related issues & act as a point of escalation where necessary to support direct reports.
- Lead the continuous improvement initiatives within the manufacturing areas, and work with the CI manager to support initiatives to improve and engage the team to drive towards performance excellence.
- Mentor & coach direct reports to facilitate achievement of functional goals & objectives.
- Ensure excellent communication channels are maintained across all teams within the Production function, and that all relevant information is disseminated appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Act as a designee for the Director of Operations for Change Control review per Quality System Procedures.
- Ensure that Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters carried out on the companies behalf.
Education and Experience:
- Third level degree in a relevant field of study and/or relevant management experience at a senior level, in a complex, multi-disciplined environment.
- Ideally exposed to Lean Manufacturing, with Six Sigma green or black belt would be an advantage.
- Experience in continuous flow line optimisation and process performance improvement would be an advantage.
- Understanding of commercial implications of Production management, including experience of financial planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of medical device quality standards ISO13485/FDA practices and GMP or similar regulated industry standards.
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft®
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Strong business systems knowledge and experience working closely with IT and Finance.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement improvement opportunities using structured project management techniques.
- Excellent organisational and team building skills.
- High self-motivation.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business.