Senior Quality Engineer (Design)
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Design)- Galway
Our client an Engineering company are looking for a Quality Engineer or Senior Quality Engineer with strong design experience to join their team in Galway. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to take the next step in their career and move into people management. The role would suit someone coming from an automotive, medical device or aerospace industry. The role could also be suitable for a process or mechanical design engineer who has strong quality experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support Sales and Applications teams in ensuring that Customer Specific Requirements are captured effectively and understood.
- Lead projects to implement Customer Specific Requirements in the relevant business areas where required.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with IATF-16949.
- Handle customer complaints with Automotive, and other high value customers, using 8D process.
- Provide customer facing support in the event of a complaint/quality issue at short notice when required.
- Provide leadership to all teams on best practice in Automotive Quality.
- Review and complete customer quality documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide “voice of the customer” feedback to management.
- Lead improvement projects with cross-functional teams to continually improve the company QMS.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Quality discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working in a QA function is required, preferably in a high volume automotive (IATF16949) environment.
- Computer skills are required, particularly the ability to use spreadsheets and databases; ability to use presentations (i.e. MS PowerPoint) is also required.
- Ability to work on projects with personnel at all levels of the organisation and to lead personnel on other projects as required.
- People management experience is highly desirable
- Lean Sigma Qualification to Black Belt level would be an advantage.
- AIAG Core Tools and IATF16949 Internal Auditor qualification would be an advantage.
- Ability to learn and communicate new methodologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with our distribution partners and customers. Able to build positive relationships with the relevant people and provide a customer focus.
- Some travel will be expected from this position. Often at short notice. Candidate must be able to travel when required.
Please reach out to Fiona Fitzsimons at Cregg for a confidential conversation and a more detailed job description