Senior R&D Engineer
CREGG Recruitment are hiring an R&D in Galway
About the role:Reporting to the Manager, You will be directly involved in working on the development of innovative products for use in Cardiac and Vascular space, as part of the R&D team.
- You will provide engineering design expertise and technical leadership to cross functional project teams in critically assessing the potential design impact associated with operations & sourcing product changes including manufacturing continuity & cost down initiatives.
- You will be directly involved in extending the product life in existing markets as well as supporting new geographies and developing markets.
- You will be directly involved in making sure our products are maintained through the full product lifecycle and that these products comply with evolving global standards.
- You will support the introduction/implementation of product/process/materials changes to the manufacturing operation.
- You will monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation and understand and operate to departmental and company quality procedures.
- You will support department goals and initiatives as part of the R&D Released Product Engineering team.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Level 7/8 Degree in Engineering / Bio- Medical or related discipline with minimum 2-3 years relevant experience .
Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.