Senior R&D Engineer
CREGG Recruitment are currently hiring a Senior R&D Engineer for a large company based in Galway, for more information call firstname.lastname@example.org / 0860262157
About the role:
Working with this R&D group you will provide design support to commercial products manufactured at the Galway and US. The team are involved in many and varied projects that ensure safety, compliance and manufacturing continuity of this new product portfolio.
- Responsible for supporting commercialisation of next-generation minimally invasive medical devices for the treatment of valvular heart disease. Successful candidate will work as a member of a team within a dynamic New Product Development organisation specialized in transcatheter heart valve system development for commercialization in all major global healthcare markets.
- Compiles, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, and materials.
- Use of design change process to ensure proposed changes are systematically and thoroughly analyzed before beginning the change process. Whenever product changes are proposed, justification is written or data is collected to verify that the design intent is still met.
- Works cross-functionally with project management, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical and marketing to ensure project success.
- Work collaboratively with manufacturing to reduce product costs through design improvements.
- Works with other functions to understand feedback from the market, providing design knowledge input to understand device performance and anatomy interaction, look for opportunity for device improvement and interact with physicians as necessary to optimise outcomes.
- Interfaces with vendors and physicians where projects require.
- Demonstrates design control knowledge through generation of high quality deliverables
- Maintain product performance through Quality Investigations and ensuring rigorous support for design changes.
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Designs, procures and fabricates tooling and fixtures.
- Performs troubleshooting on products/process problems as related to design, material or process.
- Summarizes, analyzes and draws conclusions from test results.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- Invents/creates concepts and designs for new products/processes, and submits idea disclosures.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians and interns.
- HETAC Level 8 Degree in a relevant Technical Discipline, preferably Mechanical, Polymer, Materials or Biomedical Engineering. An advanced degree is an advantage.
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience preferably in the health care industry.
- Strong R&D/technical experience preferably in the health care industry and capable of handling the development aspect of assigned projects. Prior experience in interventional, vascular is a a plus, especially involving catheter-based technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.