Purpose of Role:
The Service Department support all sales and is a key growth area for the business, offering install, service, commission, warranty and customer care to build customer relations. The team is made up of experienced Engineers distributed across the UK and Ireland. This role will carry out servicing, commissioning and repair of humidification equipment, de-humidification equipment and air curtains whilst making use of opportunities to promote new business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• To service, commission and repair specified company and competitor products in accordance with the product technical manuals, best practises and relevant procedures.
• To undertake planned maintenance on service contract sites in accordance with the relevant procedures, assisting with on-site scheduling of planned visits and ordering the associated parts.
• To make use of opportunities to promote planned maintenance benefits, adjusting contracts as required.
• To undertake warranty work and clarify whether works are covered under policy.
• To ensure that parts replaced under warranty are recorded and returned to the factory in accordance with the warranty return procedures.
• To survey and undertake small works where required for unit repairs and upgrades.
• To deliver basic demonstrations of unit operation to other engineers, colleagues and customers as appropriate to include servicing, fault finding and H&S requirements.
• To provide technical assistance to service team as appropriate.
• To seek opportunities to promote company products and help encourage customers to consider planned maintenance contracts.
• To feedback sales leads as part of bonus system and be aware of progress when attending site.
• To promptly produce clear reports detailing work complete, parts used and relevant actions.
• To ensure that regular communication is maintained with the Internal Service Team and instigate appropriate action to ensure a smooth professional service is maintained for the customer.
• To ensure the office is informed of operational, quality and H&S issues as they arise.
• To plan booked site visits and communicate any specific requirements to the Internal Team as well as contacting the site in advance of the visit.
• To respond to customer and internal technical enquiries as requested, communicating information clearly and concisely.
• To promote a positive image of the Company when meeting and speaking with customers – developing and maintaining good relationships with key contract customers.
• To discuss with customers ways of offering further help, advising on recommendations and solutions.
• To identify the clients’ needs and recommend appropriate working solutions.
• To maintain tools & equipment in good operational order.
• To maintain the company van is clean, organised, stocked and in good order.
• To ensure that all issued PPE and equipment including ladders are suitable and available for site visits, in good order and within date.
• To ensure that equipment is checked on a regular basis and faults are raised.
• To ensure good housekeeping and that the working area is maintained in a tidy way.
• To ensure that quality and H&S is maintained at all times. Policies and procedures are followed in line with, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14000, OHSAS 18001 and the H&S policy.
• To comply with H&S procedures and to have a duty of care towards oneself and others as follows:
o Carry out dynamic risk assessments on each visit and take action to minimise risks.
o Ensure site equipment is safe and appropriate for the job.
o Highlight concerns & make recommendations as appropriate regarding H&S i.e., water hygiene.
o Wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- To hold a valid current driving license & demonstrate safe driving awareness.
- To be prepared to travel on a daily basis around ROI and NI and on occasional trips to the UK including, if necessary, staying over-night (more routine trips to UK will be required during training and development phase)
- To be prepared to carry out overtime including occasional weekend working according to needs of the customer (no night working required) and be flexible with times, for example early mornings.