Sourcing Specialist II
Cregg Recruitment are currently hiring a Sourcing Specialist II to work in leading manufacturing company in Galway for more information, call Stephen Coen 0861030418 Email email@example.com.
Responsible for developing and executing optimal category & sourcing strategies. Establish & enhance supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, whilst reducing or mitigating risk in the Supply Chain.
- Partner with best in industry suppliers to provide materials, products, innovation and services that drive a competitive advantage for Boston Scientific.
- Utilizes strategic sourcing methodologies (spend analysis, market research, benchmarking, negotiation, contracting and continuous improvement) to lead the category team to refine and execute category strategies that incorporate stakeholder feedback and meet Global Sourcing objectives for Quality, Services and Cost.
- Build & enhance supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, whilst reducing or mitigating risk in the Supply Chain.
- Seek out cost reductions with supply base year round.
- Responsible for contract and vendor management activities such as strategic reviews, site visits, maintaining supplier performance review metrics/scorecards, risk mitigation and managing service escalations.
- Monitors market dynamics and communicates changes that affect internal client needs and identify trends in category to drive continuous improvement with larger procurement team.
- Seeks out opportunities to gain additional insight beyond current function to deliver great results for BSC.
- Support core teams for new product development, integration and transition to support projects, identify and mitigate risk, align with strategic supply base, and deliver in accordance with schedules and cost targets. Responsible for tasks related to new vendor set up.
- Has a good understanding and experience of how to negotiate. Responsibilities may include negotiations for price centric products and services. And is primarily involved in supporting others. Has some negotiation training.
- Negotiate, document, approve and advise on all annual operation plan deliverables for all assigned suppliers, ensuring inputs are correct, work to prevent supplier related unfavorable price point variances and address any proposed increases.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- NFQ Level 8 (240 credits) qualification in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management
- Proven quantitative abilities e.g. cost modeling, data analysis
- Experience managing optimal supplier contracts and negotiating value improvements
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Medical Device or experience in a regulated industry is preferred
- Experience working in acquisitions or project management preferred.