CREGG are looking for a Transport Manager to lead and support team of 40+ drivers, for a busy supply chain/logistics company in Mallow, Co. Cork. Please note this is a full time, permanent role, working directly for the company.
This is an office based role.
- Safely manage the Transport Department in a cost effective and efficient manner in accordance with legislation and company procedures
- Prioritise customer service & proactively manage MHE / HGV resources to minimise downtime whilst ensuring that the impact to the retailer is kept to a minimum
- Liaise with the other departments to ensure efficient deliveries to customers in a multi temp environment
- Mentor, develop and train the team to improve efficiencies and meet individual, team and company goals.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory obligations for fleet management, maintenance and driver hours.
- Ensure effective and proper use of fleet equipment to minimise damage to company assets at all times.
- Drive productivity and efficiency across all routes.
- Maximise fuel efficiency through monitoring, auditing and reporting.
- Manage and motivate the drivers to deliver best in class customer service
- Ensure all standard human resource processes are implemented
Hours of work:
- Monday – Friday
- 08:30 – 17:00
- Occasional weekend cover needed
- Excellent salary, depending on experience
- Annual Bonus
- Pension contribution
- Min. 7-8 years proven track record of people management
- Experience in managing and working with drivers
- Hold (or be working shortly towards) a CPC in Road Transport qualification
- Strong communication, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong problem-solving focus
- Excellent flexibility and adaptability in management style
- Full time
Please apply with your CV, if interested.